BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8/4/09

Happy Anniversary!!!



One year ago yesterday(gosh, I feel old xD), Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson, and Yang Yilin were officially the best gymnasts in the world. Nastia who won the gold, Shawn the silver, and Yang the bronze. It was the 1st time Americans went 1-2 in the competition, and the 3rd time an American won the all-around.

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was sitting in my room, watching, the whole time chanting, "Beat Shawn! Beat Shawn!". Although I loved both, I felt like Nastia was kinda the under-dog, considering all the pre-Olympic hype of Shawn winning the all-around. As I was watching Nastia on UB, I nearly fainted, gawking at her impeccable (look at me using big words!), beautiful release moves! And then seeing Nastia on floor, and her hypnotizing floor music, WOW! And I was sooo excited that Nast was wearing a hot pink leo! My fave color!

And then Shawn. Seeing her powerful beam routine, and energy-ful (don't laugh; I just made my own word up) floor routine with that awesome music! WOW!

And Yang. Her beam routine was niiice, and had me intrigued the whole time. Her bars, WOW! Her beautiful lines on bars, were just WOW! And on floor, the beautiful, energetic routine she performed, WOW!

I think I might stop here, cause I'm starting to get really excited and I'm reminding myself of Bruno from Dancing From the Stars.

>>> me

Anyway, Happy Aniversary Nastia, Shawn, and Yang!

0 comments: