BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8/6/09

Don't Call It a Comeback...(New Details)


Yes yes yes, I am back with more Sacramento, I mean Sacramone, news. Inside Gymnastics has an article up now. Basically what the article is saying, is that after realizing acting and fashion (what she left her studies at Brown for to go to L.A.) wasn't for her, she started to miss her one true destiny (corny words of mine), gymnastics. Leesh shocked herself by how much she missed gymnastics.
"I don’t really know what happened," Sacramone says of the slow realization she might not be done after all. "It kind of snuck up on me."

What about all the injuries she had?, you might be asking. Well she did get shoulder surgery in May to repair the labrum tear.

But there is one thing for certain: She is def coming back.
“I am coming back, that much is decided,” she says happily. “How far I’m gonna get with that, we’ll see. I don’t know exactly what the process is going to be. I’ll probably take the rest of the summer off, just to heal up. Then I’ll start getting back into the gym in the Fall. As far as National Team stuff, I’ll leave that all up to Mihai to deal with, but hopefully I’ll be starting to compete the beginning of next year and then the main goal right now is [2010] Worlds.”

“I think, as of now, it would only be vault and beam,” she notes of her plans. “Floor is just so much pounding, too much for my body, so I think vault and beam is what I’m working to do right now.

“There’s not much like competing,” she explains of why her forays into coaching and choreography weren’t enough to satisfy her gymnastics obsession. “I love to perform and I think that’s one of the biggest things I was missing. And I kind of think I have a little bit of unfinished business with gymnastics. Yeah, I made my dream come true, but the Olympics weren’t the ideal situation. I think that plays a pretty big part of it. Obviously we still did so well, with the silver medal, but I wanted a different outcome for myself. I think that’s probably one of the biggest motivating factors.”

I can't wait. Neither can MK. Leesh has already received the blessing of Marta Karolyi.

“She was pretty happy about it,” a laughing Sacramone said of Karolyi’s reaction to the news. “She was very pleased with my decision and she was like, ‘We can’t wait to have you back.’ She wanted me to be sure I was safe and healthy about it. She was really good about it, actually.”

And she thinks this all was a Marta Karolyi/Mihai Brestyan plan.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a Michael Jordan or Brett Favre type case. The sports world doesn't need another one of those

If you wanna read the whole article, the link is embedded. Well there you have it. Don't call it a comeback, its more like unfinished business. xD

0 comments: